COVID-19 Event Emergency Plan
For events scheduled during Ohio's COVID-19 quarantine dates:
In view of the social and economic effects of the corona virus, The Carnegie Center of Columbia Tusculum would like to address how this may effect events in our facility. Note that our policy will be in effect was long as Governor DeWine has prohibitions in place on public gatherings of 100 people or more, and if those orders apply to religious gatherings, weddings or funerals. Our COVID-19 policy will be updated continually to reflect the Governor's most recent orders as this pandemic progresses. Whenever quarantine restrictions are lifted, client's contractual event policy will be in place. This policy can be referenced on this website.
First, be assured that our facility is cleaned and disinfected prior to every event. In addition to ample hand soap, we will also have wall hand sanitizer dispensers. Jeff Thomas Catering will be sending out a separate communication with assurance about health and hygiene with their serving staff. Cleanliness is a top priority for prevention of sharing any germs in group settings.
We are aware that travel has been limited and restricted in some situations, which could effect travel for your out of town guests. If you need to make adjustments to your guest count, you must notify Jeff Thomas Catering at least 10 days in advance.
Some clients may consider canceling or rescheduling their event. Because of the extreme circumstances, if you feel that it is in the best interest for the health and safety of you and your guests, The Carnegie Center of Columbia Tusculum will allow for cancelation or waive the rescheduling fee under the following circumstances:
1. An event canceled due to the corona virus concerns must be rescheduled for another date within 12 months of the original event date, subject to availability. The contractual rescheduling fee will be waived.
2. Rescheduling an event MUST be done more than 10 days in advance of your original date and within 3 months of your scheduled event. Cancelations more than three months out must adhere to their contractual rescheduling/cancelation policy.
3. The client should select from available dates within 12 months of their original date and is subject to availability. To reschedule, email Dinese Young: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Price adjustments will be made for rescheduling a Saturday event for a Friday or Sunday.
5. If a client prefers to cancel their event instead of rescheduling, they will be refunded 50% of the rent (2nd deposit amount if the second payment has already been made.) Note that by contract no rental fees are refundable, so we are altering the terms of that contract in view of the public health emergency.
6. You must communicate directly with Jeff Thomas Catering about catering fees, adjustments, or credits for food and service.